The Association regularly publishes books related to library and information science. Not only that, it also publishes Conference Proceedings of those Conferences organized by the Association.
From its inception, the Association regularly organizes Conferences. Till now 53 Bengal Library Conferences have been organized by the Association within a regular interval.
Bengal Library Association engages in development of library management software Koha. It customizes Koha for different libraries, provides active support regarding this as well as organizes training programme on a regular interval.
It is a programme launched by the Association with an objective of bringing in a single interface catalogues of participating libraries using different software.
87th Annual General Meeting of The Bengal Library Association will be held on 16th October, 2022 at 2.00 PM in the Association's Main Building at Padmapukur to discuss the following matters:
1. To read and confirm the proceedings of 86th AGM of BLA
2. To confirm the annual report for the year 2021-2022
3. To confirm the audited statement of accounts for the year 2021-2022
4. To discuss the received proposal(s) submitted by the members of the Association
5. To elect the Office Bearers and Council Members of the Association for the year 2022-2024
6. Miscellaneous (with the permission to the President of the meeting)
All the valid members of the Association are requested to attend the Meeting in time.
N.B.: If any member wants to raise any proposal in the Annual General Meeting, he/she is requested to submit the proposal within 28th September, 2022 in the BLA Office at Padmapukur